Home Inspections & Code Corrections
Is Your Insurance Agency or Real Estate Broker Asking for a Home Inspection?
Burton Electric Inc. can help you answer these questions for you with our Home Inspection and Insurance reporting program.
Let us examine your future or existing property and give you the information to make thoughtful and informed decisions. We will issue a compressive report outlining any shortcomings your electrical system may have (if any).
Burton Electric Inc. can also correct any electrical issues the property may have.
Burton Electric will apply for an electrical permit on your behalf, as well as make arrangements to have the work inspected by an ESA inspector and upon passing, issue a 'Certificate of Inspection', that you can give to your insurance agency or real estate broker. Keep a copy in your records for future use.
If there was an electrical hazard in your home, wouldn't you want to know?
Burton Electric Inc. can help ensure your Toronto-area home is safe and comfortable. Let our electrical contractors examine your property and give you the information to make thoughtful and informed decisions.
What to look for when buying a house and the questions you should be asking.
What is the size and age of the electrical service? (60 - 100 - 200 amps?)
- Does the house have a fuse or breaker panel, and is it big enough?
- Is the house wired with copper or aluminum wire? (Copper is preferred*)
- Is the electrical system properly grounded?
- Are the 'big-ticket' electrical devices on a dedicated circuit? (E.g. Stove, fridge, dryer, furnace, hot water tank, kitchen counter plugs.)
- For additions or renovations done to the original house, was an ESA electrical permit issued and the work inspected?
- Are the GFCI plugs being used in the right locations? (kitchens, bathrooms, wet, and exterior areas)
*aluminum wire does not need to be replace. Re-conditioning is an economical method available to make an aluminum system reusable, safe and copper compatible. Ask for details.
When you hire Burton Electric, it is your guarantee that we are:
· Qualified to perform the type of electrical work you require.
· Fully insured and licenced.
· Able to obtain ESA electrical permits and arrange inspections.
· Able to provide written estimates, references and a Certificate of Inspection’, from the ESA when the work is completed.
We Can ALSO Work On:
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Burton Electric Inc. offers creative solutions and qualified electricians to make your home safe and comfortable. Our work is competitively priced and backed by a one-year guarantee on labour. Our materials carry the manufacturer’s warranty.