Knob & Tube Replacements
Knob and tube wiring was installed in homes in the early 1900’s to 1940’s. Owners and purchasers of older homes are finding that many insurers will not provide or renew insurance coverage on their homes. Knob & Tube systems do not have the electrical capacity to meet today’s needs.
Benefits of New Wiring
- Larger electrical capacity and more circuits, reducing the need to use extension cords.
- ‘Big ticket’ electrical devices on dedicated circuits? (E.g. Stove, fridge, dryer, furnace, hot water tank, kitchen counter plugs.)
- Grounded and bonded plugs, lights, switches and appliances.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter plugs (GFCI) in bathrooms, kitchens, outdoor and wet locations.
- Arc Fault Circuit Breakers in bedroom plug circuits, tamper resistant plugs.
Burton Electric Inc. is a fully licensed and insured electrical contracting company that specializes in Knob & Tube replacement.
We offer creative solutions and qualified electricians to make your home safe and comfortable. Our work is competitively priced and backed by a one-year guarantee on labor. Our materials carry the manufacturer’s warranty.
Burton Electric will apply for an electrical permit on your behalf. Make arrangements to have the work inspected by an ESA inspector and upon passing, issue a ‘Certificate of Inspection’. Keep a copy in your records for future use.
When you hire Burton Electric, it is your guarantee that we are:
· Qualified to perform the type of electrical work you require.
· Fully Licensed & Insured.
· Able to obtain ESA electrical permits and arrange ESA inspections.
· Able to provide written estimates, references, and a ‘Certificate of Inspection’ from the ESA when the work is completed.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to have an ESA electrical permit and inspection.